Wednesday, March 19, 2014

{WiP} Wednesday - Week 12

I've got something pretty up my sleeve!  It's for that new pattern I mentioned last week, and involves the New Brights collection of solids from Robert Kaufman, although I'm not using all of them.

                                         Kona Love❤️
                                                    
My sweet little 3 year old saw the rejects hanging on the design wall and said "Mommy, I love your quilt xylophone!"  So...I guess I know what I'll be making when this is finished!  (I especially love how she called it a quilt xylophone - it's just so like that sweet little girl of mine to transpose her words. :o)  )

Kona Love❤️


And I've been working on another secretive quilt project, that I'll show you in about 4 months...maybe...if I remember...but here's a snippet:


My 5 year old wasn't pleased that I made 2 zippy pouches for our guild swap, and didn't make one for her. (She also didn't like either of the ones I received in return -- more for me!), so she chose these fabrics for me to make a pouch for her (WHEN, child, WHEN do you think I have time for this?????)  But I love this color combination!

                                                     


Have I mentioned that our guild is participating in an all-Colorado Modern Quilt Guild challenge? Everyone who is participating received 4 fat quarters of Free Spirit Solids in colors that represent Colorado, and we are to make a modern quilt that is inspired by Colorado.  (except two of the colors aren't right in this picture, sorry!)

Colorful Colorado MQG Challenge 
fabrics


Well, I've had at least 5 ideas, but I am VERY VERY VERY excited about the one that I had Sunday while driving to church. It is inspired by Colorado, and Denyse Schmidt, and Latifah Saafir, and QuiltCon, and my heritage...OH, I can't wait to get that started!!!!  However, comma, I must finish the first thing I mentioned...and then the fourth thing I mentioned...and maybe then the second thing I mentioned if I can do it quickly...


I hope you are having a great, and crafty, and productive week!

(linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced)

6 comments:

  1. I also like the quilt xylophone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a quilt xylophone! She is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A quilt xylpphone would be so much fun. Love the colours in that jelly roll, nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tmust be so special and fun to have a little girl!! My little boys are just wild things who run and jump and want to sword fight with my rulers! :p

    BTW, I am offering a giveaway if you would like to enter for a chance.
    http://learningcurvecrafts.blogspot.com/2014/03/facebook-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You totally need noise makers under the xylophone keys :oD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the quilt xylophone will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

What are you sewing?